Wouldn’t it be nice if you could get some additional exercise at the house? Wouldn’t you love to spend some time relaxing, stretching, and unwinding after a long day at work and with the kids? Yoga is a great way to do this, but you might not feel as if you have a space where you can do yoga in your home. However, if you have a garage, you could have the makings of a great little yoga studio.
Change the garage
You need to have a quiet space where you can do your yoga, and that is where the garage can help. However, you might have to do a little bit of work to get it in shape and ready. Fortunately, it is not too difficult to do, and we will explain how.
Prepping the garage
- Get the garage clean – You need to have plenty of space for your yoga studio in the garage, so you need to be sure that you are getting rid of items that you don’t need and that everything else is away from the floorspace you are using for yoga.
- Paint the garage – Consider the colors that you want in the garage. Neutral colors work quite well, as do green and yellow. Having some beautiful nature murals is another great choice.
- Get your gear – Be sure you have your yoga mat, your cushions, and all of the other gear that you need for your yoga enjoyment. Ideally, you will be able to keep this equipment in the garage, so it is always ready to go when you are.
- Prepare the mood and the class – If you are new to yoga, you will want to have a class that you can watch on your television or through your laptop. Be sure you have a way of doing so. To help with the mood, you will also want to consider the sound. Some relaxing music, or sounds of nature like running water, can help.
- The right lighting – Proper lighting is important. You will find that floor lamps tend to be a nice option for garage yoga studios. However, you could also choose a garage door with all‑glass sections for some natural lighting. Those who want more privacy might want to consider a metal/steel garage door fitted with satin or glue chip decorative windows. You will have plenty of options.
- Heating for the garage – Make sure that you have a way of heating the garage, so you can be comfortable during your yoga sessions. To ensure the inside ways warm during the winter, insulated garage door would be ideal.
Once you take the time to prepare your garage the right way, it’s easy to see why it could become the ideal place for you to practice yoga. If you want a space of your own, follow these simple steps for preparing the garage.